Most homeowners regularly clean their shower doors and walls, yet forget about the sliding shower door track. To clean this part of the shower can be a bit tricky. Try one of our cleaning methods below!
How To Clean Shower Door Tracks With Vinegar
Distilled white vinegar is the most preferred method of cleaning shower door tracks for the majority of homeowners.
- Cotton balls.
- Half cup of distilled white vinegar.
- Spray bottle filled with distilled water.
- Microfiber cloth.
- Old toothbrush or grout brush.
- Apply vinegar in the tracks by using cotton balls.
- The goal is to get the tracks wet without flooding them with too much vinegar.
- Be careful if you have stone or tile flooring, as vinegar can damage these surfaces.
- Now let the vinegar sit for at least three to five minutes.
- Scrub the soap scum or stain using the toothbrush or grout brush gently.
- Use water to mist the track in order to remove any remaining residue.
- Wipe the entire area clean and dry using a microfiber cloth.
- Repeat, if necessary.
How To Clean Shower Door Tracks Using A Steamer
Just like vinegar, canister steamers can work well when it comes to chemical-free cleaning solutions.
- Microfiber cloths.
- Steamer with a wand attachment.
- Plastic putty knife or plastic spatula.
- Follow the instructions on your steamer to prepare for the cleaning task.
- Use the wand in order to loosen any goop or stains that sit in the tracks.
- Next, wrap the microfiber cloth around your spatula.
- Use this (or a plastic putty knife) to reach any edges or crevices.
- Apply pressure to remove any nasty scum and/or buildup.
- Wipe away any remaining residue using the fresh microfiber cloth.
- Repeat the above steps until the tracks are completely clear of soapy buildup or hard water stains.